Useagility, a leading human-centered design consulting firm, and Clickfarm Interactive, a leading digital consulting and software development firm, have joined forces as part of the digital innovation arm of First Tek, Inc., a global technology firm headquartered in New Jersey. Together, this dynamic team of UX designers and developers delivers the best in digital strategy and the turn-key development solutions clients need to compete in a world of digital transformation.
As we continue to grow, we are seeking an experienced and motivated technology leader to join the team.
The Director of Technology Services is a hands-on position. The role is responsible for the technical direction and ongoing support of staff and processes in the Technology Practice, and will have high-level code review responsibilities for select clients and/or projects. Must possess solid experience in software engineering and architecture, database design/development, agile delivery methodologies, DevOps and modern technologies. Able to collaborate with internal stakeholders and other practices areas (e.g. Experience Design, Strategy and Marketing), and effectively communicate with clients, including executive leadership. Strong verbal, written communication, presentation, and troubleshooting skills are required, as well as business analysis and technical consulting. This role has management responsibilities for the software development/engineering staff and reports to the Managing Director, Strategic Services.
- Provide technical leadership in the Technology Practice
- Lead and grow a competent development team through effective hiring, training, goal-setting, coaching, and performance evaluations
- Ensure sufficient support for Technology Practice clients/projects, in terms of shared platform capacity, and staff skills/allocation
- Identify and lead improvements in Technology Practice platforms. Assist management with technology direction, research, scoping, pricing
- Effectively communicate verbally and in writing with both technical and business staff, internally and externally
- Synthesize relevant information on key milestones, success criteria, and risks to management and escalate critical issues appropriately
- Establish, document, and enforce Technology Practice development standards for selected technologies. Investigate and assess emerging technologies
- Assist with or perform complex software development and troubleshooting as needed
- Install, upgrade, and troubleshoot underlying technologies in use by our group, both internal and third-party
- 7-10 years experience in software development and team management
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams of several individuals (direct reporting)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead projects, architect systems, and guide staff
- Ability to professionally communicate with customers and management, explain advanced technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Demonstrated ability to independently identify and research issues, followed by recommendation and implementation of efficient solutions
- Ability to learn quickly and rapidly establish expertise with the technologies supporting our client base
First Tek, Inc. offers a strong base salary, excellent benefits, and a fantastic culture.
Submit your cover letter along with a resume detailing relevant experience to [email protected].